Vacations aren’t supposed to be stressful. Yet sometimes we create stress for ourselves by planning an overly elaborate trip at an overly crowded destination, going to great lengths to please everyone.
Here’s a solution: reward yourself by traveling on your own with Quark Expeditions, to one of the most remote (and fun) locations on Earth – Antarctica!
Traveling Antarctica Solo Doesn’t Mean Traveling Alone
Don’t be concerned about traveling to the Polar Regions alone. You won’t be the only one. It’s a growing trend, and it’s now easier than ever. And luckily, expeditions like one on the Ocean Endeavour will provide you with as much solitude as you’d like, while also offering great companionship along the way.
Cruising Antarctica in Style on the Ocean Endeavour
The Ocean Endeavour, which recently underwent a million-dollar makeover, is unique in that it offers a special focus on health and wellness – the only polar adventure ship in Antarctica with that distinction.
The ship can accommodate 199 guests in 13 different types and sizes of cabins, all equipped with electricity, radio, TV and washrooms. The on-board amenities include two restaurants, a lounge, a library, a gym, a wellness café, new saunas and spas, a Polar Boutique, a lecture theatre and a sundeck.
Healthy meals, yoga and stretching classes and massage therapy are all available for guests. All on-board meals are provided, as are complimentary hot beverages, transfers to and from the ship, and twice-daily shore excursions.
Check out our Ocean Endeavour info video:
Travel Antarctica Solo Without the Single Supplement
Don’t be concerned about traveling to Polar Regions alone. You won’t be the only one. It’s a growing trend, and it’s now easier than ever to do.
Some of our Ocean Endeavour cabins are priced for single occupancy and have no single supplement. Or, you can participate in a Request-Share program and share a cabin with another guest of the same gender. Both guests will save the single supplement. If a cabin mate cannot be found for you, the single supplement is waived. It’s risk-free, plus you’re on your way to making a new friend!
Adventure Options on the Ocean Endeavour
Along with meeting new-found friends and discovering incredible polar landscapes and wildlife, there are plenty of opportunities for exciting adventure at the bottom of the world:
- Camping – you’ve slept under the stars before, but never like this.
- Kayaking – experience beautiful polar waters in places ships can’t reach.
- Stand-up paddleboarding – take advantage of calm harbors and bays in this unique water experience.
- Cross-country skiing – early explorers first encountered Antarctica in this way; now you can too.
- Snowshoeing – no experience is necessary, and all equipment is provided for you.
- Hiking – whether it’s a short walk or a long jaunt, you can stretch your legs and enjoy the vast landscapes.
- Mountaineering – qualified guides help you experience the climb of a lifetime.
- Photography – we’ll give you tips so you can capture lasting memories of your experiences on the seventh continent.
Remember, just because you’re traveling solo doesn’t mean you’re alone. You can take all of your meals with your fellow passengers – some of them may not be newcomers to Antarctica, so don’t be afraid to ask for advice and ideas. Experienced and knowledgeable guides are also with you every step of the way, providing all of the equipment you’ll need to tackle these adventures. Just show up ready to learn and to have fun!
Check out the Quark Expeditions Ways to Save page for more information on this and other great polar travel deals.